Thursday, February 24, 2011

Submissions

This is my last post, for now......

When I began getting interested in card making, I turned to the blogosphere for inspiration. As you can see, there are several blogs that I "follow". And along with inspiration, I've discovered several blogs that offer challenges. Some just for the pure challenge, and some that offer great prizes (like stamps !!!).

Well, I mustered up my courage and submitted my first card:
A local craft store (Craft Warehouse) has a Scrapbooking / Card making club that meets monthly. The first one I attended....quite by accident....was in January. It's only an hour, but we cover quite a bit of stuff. Not only do we get a run down of new products the store is or will be carrying, but we also cover a topic -- organizing, tools, techniques, etc. And, if we choose, we can participate in a challenge. We're given usually 3 items (doily / heart sticker / treat box) that we have to use in a project. This month's challenge included the white scalloped border that I used at the bottom, the 2 acrylic tiles, and a new type of brad (that I included in another card).

In addition to the card club challenge, I submitted this for the Get Your Diva On challenge at the Verve Stamps Blog.

And then, sporting all my newly acquired courage, I decided to try the February VLV Sketchbook challenge that Verve had going.
 Here's the brad that came in the Craft Warehouse challenge:


I'm sooo happy that I accepted the challenge. Through this process I discovered that I really like working from sketches. For me, the most difficult part of designing a card is often just coming up with the design.

Though I don't really feel I can truly "compete" with most of those that enter the contests, it doesn't mean I enjoy the challenge any less. And the way I look at it, I end up with a pretty nice card when I'm done!!!

4 comments:

  1. BEAUTIFUL cards!
    Have a GREAT day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your cards! Looks like you have been very crafty.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cute cards! Way to step out and enter challenges!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So many adorable scallops! Great projects!

    ReplyDelete