Saturday, April 13, 2013

mini-albums

I am OBSESSED with mini-albums...... maybe because they are so popular right now??? I actually made my first one a few years ago, for my in-laws 50th wedding anniversary.



It was made out of brown paper lunch bags. Each page (bag) was assigned to a child or grandchild and their family.

At their celebration, I sat it on a table with a stack of tags. Each family member wrote a note, signed it, and then slipped it in their page. 

I was very pleased with how it turned out. And my MIL told me later that they really enjoyed reading through all the messages.

So, fast forward to this past Christmas.....with mini-albums all the rage, I couldn't resist making another one. 

First, I put together a pinterest "recipe" book for one daughter, but failed to take a pic :-(     I visited her pinterest boards, printed up several,and organized them into categories. The neat thing is that it's designed so that she can continue to add recipes to it.

And then I wanted to put together something for my other daughter. So I came up with this.....

"52 weeks of blessings" was actually designed to be more of a journal than an album. You see, my daughter and husband are going through a difficult challenge and I thought it might help if she was able to compile a years worth of blessings (1) to look back on and (2) to see that even if there are certain blessings that are being withheld, there's many others that they are still experiencing.

 Each page was designed to keep a weeks worth of blessings.
 Each page is only 5x7, so each blessing can be recorded in 1 or 2 sentences.
And for whatever reason, I can't get this last pic rotated!!! <sigh> Anyway, you can see the pages are tabbed with the month.My new favorite tool for this project --- my tab punches :-)


1 comment: